How tall is the paddle? The paddle comes 80 inches long so you may need to make an adjustment depending on your height. A rule of thumb for paddle length is 6-8" taller then the paddler's height. Distance and flat-water SUPers should add 8"; surfers 6". C4 recommends 7" as the magic number. To make an adjustment, follow these instructions:
1. Purchase some two-part epoxy. You can find it in your local drug or hardware store; the kind that comes in a syringe works well.
2. Cut the paddle two inches shorter than the desired finished length (because the handle is two inches).
3. Smooth the cut edge with sandpaper (be careful because carbon splinters are painful).
4. Mix a small amount of two-part epoxy and wet both the inside of the shaft and the part of the outside of the handle to be inserted into the shaft.
5. Insert the handle.
6. Wipe off any excess and allow to dry.